THE GENESIS OF MY BLOG

September 01, 2018, by Notes by Tine



I didn’t actually plan on planting my own blog site. Initially, it transpired when I realized that I did have one which was already abandoned for years. The site I entitled “Notes by Tine” was already born a few years back then. Just like Lara Jean (To all the Boys I have loved before), rereading all the articles and poems I composed reminded me of how powerful an emotion can be. I usually write to process through intense situation and the eclectic blend of emotion they entail. It was somehow therapeutic and also a fond way to practice my English since I’m not truly one in talking typically to public. Though I never really got to share what I wrote before, I have decided to do things a little different this time. 


I started my love with words when I was a huge fan to a popular singer-songwriter known as Taylor Swift. Her songs, by some means, captured me in a way that I have never been more connected with lyrics – sounds inflating but oddly true. I got my own guitar on my 14th birthday as a present from my parents and I convinced myself that I should learn how to play it because I wanted to be just like Taylor (fan girl alert!); despite the fact that it was my least favorite instrument at that time. Later on, I was so inspired and found myself scribbling chords and lyrics in my room. My friend and I wrote our first song back when we were in high school. Although I couldn’t recall the title of it anymore, I do remember I was strumming while a couple of our classmates were singing along with our song. It was very nostalgic. I personally think that music really moves us in a way that nothing else does. 

It wasn’t long after when I started going to college that I became preoccupied with school priorities. The calluses on my fingers started to heal as I don’t play my guitar every so often anymore. I mostly spend my time facing on a bright screen from the computer juggling academic requirements due day after day. Nonetheless, writing was still on my side.

One night, as I was scrolling through Instagram’s feed; I came across to a post from a profile called Reading Group (currently with Walk the same). It was an invitation to anyone who is willing to join with a purpose of bringing glory of God. The group basically have a blog and as a member you get to write and share your stories and inspirational quotes for everyone to read. I did apply for the group and it was one of the most fulfilling and wholesome experiences that I ever had. It wasn’t just the fact that I get to practice my writing skills but I also got to meet some good friends from the other side of the world, which until now I still get to talk with them. 


Having said everything, I realized that regardless what the circumstance I was in, writing was the closest thing that I do. It is through writing that I get to really express myself and respond to what I feel. While blogging is all new to me, I am happy that I have the leisure to write the things that I am open to talk about and share them to the world.

In any event, if there is one thing that I intend to leave you with, it’s this: I may not be sure what the specific reason for doing this but writing is something that I enjoy and might as well do it with a purpose. The blog is just a slice of my life story that I want to dedicate to anyone in the hope of aiding even in the slightest manner.  So I hope as I begin sharing (which I already did) through this blog, I may find listening ears or reading eyes. Please excuse my figure of speech. But on a different note...


Welcome to my blog!



Links:
Instagram: @walkthesameofficial
Site: www.walkthesame.com

What I wear:
Dress: Forever21






0 comments

2018 © NOTES BY TINE . Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

STAY CONNECTED